Sunday, July 20, 2008
What I've been missing in Nashville
So, Nashville has these two amazing parks: Percy Warner and Edwin Warner. The neighbor each other and are joined by a trail. The parks are a little piece of heaven. In the heat of summer, they are about 10 degrees cooler once you get under the tree canopy. Snaking up and down the wooded hills and around lush meadows, clearly marked hiking trails, paved trails, and even horse riding trails take you on easy to moderate 2 and 4 mile (or further) loops. There are some streams to cross by footbridges, or, if you have a five month old puppy, to splash through and then shake off. My walks with Trooper always crack me up. She's such a lover that she has to meet everyone and every dog. I'm starting to see a few familiar faces now. It's funny, no one really remembers the owner's name; but you remember the dog's name (i.e. Stevie Wonder, Genghis, Reese). You smile and say hello and then almost chat with the dog more than the human. It's a very odd interaction. However, if I didn't have Trooper, there would be no interaction. Case in point: I have never met the couple who live two doors down from me. However, yesterday as I entered the park and was working on Trooper's heeling and sitting (therefore going slow), a couple passed me. Over my shoulder I hear "Don't you live on Skyline?" I look at two people who I have never seen before. They then explain where they live and that they have seen me walking Trooper in the neighborhood. I still don't know their names; they don't mine, but they know Trooper's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, you have a blog too? Is this new? Sorry to have missed you when you were in town a few weeks ago - hopefully will see you and Trooper some time soon.
Post a Comment